Peppermint oil promotes blood circulation and relieves muscular and psychological pains. Anti-inflammatory and anti-viral, it also aids digestive disorders and bowel syndromes.
Peppermint also helps to relieve headaches, nausea and flu symptoms (inhalation treats respiratory symptoms).
100% Certified Organic Peppermint Essential Oil
Use in a vaporiser, oil burner, in the bath or for massage (with a carrier oil). Some uses are:
- Asthma: May help open the airways when used aromatically or by rubbing a single drop onto the chest.
- Congestion: It’s incredible at clearing the sinuses and breaking up phlegm. Inhale from the bottle, diffuse through the room, use topically or even gargle in warm salty water for sinus drainage causing congestion in the throat.
- Constipation: Dilute 1 drop of peppermint in a small dollop of carrier oil and massage the abdomen in a slow, clockwise motion.
- Cramps: Massage the oil into the muscle with or without a carrier oil, depending on your own skin sensitivity.
- Diarrhea: More peppermint oil uses for the digestive system include taking it internally or applying it topically to the abdomen in a counterclockwise direction to soothe the digestive system and help fight any infection with its anti-everything properties.
- Fever: Because of its antiviral, antibacterial, and other properties, using this oil aromatically and internally is beneficial. The cooling affect it has may also help keep the fever from climbing too high.
- Flu: Antiviral and antibacterial, its good for the immune system and can be used any way you’d like. Topical is probably the most preferred.
- Headaches: Peppermint oil seems to increase blood flow by dilating blood vessels. Use just a tiny dab over the source of the pain, being careful to avoid the eyes, or use aromatically through the room with a diffuser.
- Indigestion: Soothe the digestive system by taking essential oil of peppermint internally, massaging into reflex points and over abdomen in a clockwise direction, or diffusing in the air.
- Migraines: Massaging a small amount over the areas of pain can increase blood flow and relieve pain with its analgesic properties. You can also diffuse it through the room if the aroma is too strong otherwise.
- Nausea: Use in the same manner described above for motion sickness.
- Sinusitis: Inhale directly, or massage a very small, diluted amount over the sinuses. It can make the eyes water, so use caution.
- Vomiting: Take oil of peppermint internally with water or honey, or diffuse or inhale if it can’t be held down
The story of Mt. retour begins not in Australia, but in France. After failing to find a natural skincare product that was gentle on his sensitive skin, founder Pisan Chowvalit travelled to the South of France to study aromatherapy. It was here that he discovered the natural healing power of herbs, botanicals and organic essential oils.
Armed with this new knowledge Pisan returned to Australia and bought an organic farm in the pristine Blue Mountains. There he grew his own herbs and botanicals, and the seeds of the Mt. retour brand were sown.
Each natural ingredient that is selected for the range boasts incredible healing and therapeutic properties. Pisan’s aim was simple: to create a range of gentle, certified organic essential oils and skincare products, safe for all skin types. As such all Mt. retour products contain only the purist, most natural, certified organic ingredients available. It was Pisan’s vision to create products that were truly safe, truly certified organic and truly affordable. It is this ethos that has helped the Mt. retour brand flourish.
Today Mt. retour is distributed to over 15 countries and is a leading certified organic skincare brand in Asia. It meets the highest certified organic standards and is accredited by Australian Certified Organic (ACO) and the Organic Food Chain (OFC). It contains no harsh synthetic chemicals including no artificial fragrances, sulphates, parabens or petrochemicals.
Mt. retour…..let your skin glow with the purest ingredients nature has to offer.